Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 8 silent mode not working...

I need help getting my phone to be completely silent in silent mode.

When switching my phone to silent mode text notifications still sound.

I have tried force restart...

I have tried with d.n.d on and off...

tired of my phone going off in meetings.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Jul 11, 2018 5:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2018 10:41 AM

Hello, Asig1321.

Thank you for the updates. Do you know if this is happening with one contact message or all? Check the contacts that you're getting messages from and see if the emergency bypass is turned on. Go to Contacts > Choose the contact > Edit > Text Tone > Emergency Bypass.

If none of these steps helped, make sure to have a current backup: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch Then follow this article to reinstall the iOS: If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Keep us updated.

Cheers!
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2018 10:41 AM in response to Asig1321

Hello, Asig1321.

Thank you for the updates. Do you know if this is happening with one contact message or all? Check the contacts that you're getting messages from and see if the emergency bypass is turned on. Go to Contacts > Choose the contact > Edit > Text Tone > Emergency Bypass.

If none of these steps helped, make sure to have a current backup: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch Then follow this article to reinstall the iOS: If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Keep us updated.

Cheers!

Jul 13, 2018 7:31 AM in response to Asig1321

Hello, Asig1321.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It's my understanding that your iPhone still plays notification sounds when silenced. I may be able to help you with this. What happens when you turn the silent mode switch? You should see an icon indicating that the iPhone is in silent mode: How to put your iPhone on vibrate, ring, or silent mode

Let me know what you see, this will help us determine our next steps.

Cheers!

Iphone 8 silent mode not working...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.