Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off Amazon VoiceView

Have been using Apple TV 4K for a while and trying to view a video from Amazon Prime watchlist but there is a background commentary describing each scene. I believe it to be Amazon's VoiceView feature but cannot find how to turn it off. Searched online and the only method I could find was using a Fire TV remote but I only have the Apple TV remote. Any guidance gratefully received.

Posted on Jul 11, 2018 9:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2018 4:23 AM

From what I can tell, Amazon Prime Video follows the Apple guidelines for Apple TV interfaces pretty closely. As such, any alternate audio track, should be accessible in a similar way as for iTunes Store titles:

If your selected video includes additional audio tracks, you can find them in the Audio menu. While watching a video:

• Apple TV 4K and Apple TV (4th generation), Siri Remote: Swipe down on your remote's Touch surface to find the Info panel, then swipe right to see the Audio panel. Next, swipe down and select the option that you want.
  • Apple TV (3rd generation), Aluminum Remote: Hold down Select on your remote for three seconds to see the settings for that video, including an Audio tab. Select the option that you want.

It may be the Audio Descriptions feature that activated it, rather than VoiceOver.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2018 4:23 AM in response to Frinton Fogey

From what I can tell, Amazon Prime Video follows the Apple guidelines for Apple TV interfaces pretty closely. As such, any alternate audio track, should be accessible in a similar way as for iTunes Store titles:

If your selected video includes additional audio tracks, you can find them in the Audio menu. While watching a video:

• Apple TV 4K and Apple TV (4th generation), Siri Remote: Swipe down on your remote's Touch surface to find the Info panel, then swipe right to see the Audio panel. Next, swipe down and select the option that you want.
  • Apple TV (3rd generation), Aluminum Remote: Hold down Select on your remote for three seconds to see the settings for that video, including an Audio tab. Select the option that you want.

It may be the Audio Descriptions feature that activated it, rather than VoiceOver.

Turn off Amazon VoiceView

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.