Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get photos from iCloud to my Mac

I am trying to get my photos off iCloud onto my Mac so I can order prints, etc. I selected "download originals to this MAC" but nothing is happening.

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Jul 11, 2018 2:14 PM

3 replies

Jul 11, 2018 10:05 PM in response to rjbehm

Enter in www.icloud.com by filling up the Apple ID and password , select the photos by using command key and Tap the photos , click on drop down arrow of download , check the box of unmodified originals and click on download .

User uploaded file

Then open finder > click on downloads , you will see after some time all photos are there , select all of them ( use command and A keys ) .

Click on file and again click on print .

User uploaded file

Make sure you have set up the printer see this article Print from your Mac - Apple Support

Jul 11, 2018 2:18 PM in response to rjbehm

If you are using OS 10.10.3 or above, open Photos, then go to Photos/Preferences/iCloud and set up syncing. Then go to System Preferences/iCloud, sign in, and check Photos syncing.

You can also do a manual download at iCloud.com/Photos. Hold down the command key while selecting the photos. Then click Download. Another option is to select a Moment, then click the Share button, and then cancelling the Share. The photos should remain selected.

Try going to System Preferences/iCloud and stop syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing.

Last resort - have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

Jul 11, 2018 2:23 PM in response to rjbehm

Hello rjbehm,

Nice to meet you! I am here to help. It would be helpful to turn your laptop on overnight to download the photos automatically. To do this, make sure you go into photo settings. Do this by going into the photos app and pressing command + comma. Go into the iCloud settings and toggle on that you want to use ICloud Photos. Make sure that all options are also on for automatically downloading photos. Then go into System Preferences and into Energy Saver Preferences and under the battery section on the new page, toggle the computer to go to sleep after 4-5 hours. Then turn the brightness to the lowest setting, go to the photos on the mac and let it sit. You may want to let the mac sit on the Photos Preferences (command + comma) as it shows how much downloaded. It should say preparing download or preparing backup. Turn the brightness to the lowest setting and wait For 4-5 hours.

[Edited by Host]

How do I get photos from iCloud to my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.