Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add ROUND to a formula

Hi. I have an IF formula which on my spreadsheet is in F4 which calculates to many decimal places. I can 'show' two, but it obviously calculates to more. I can create another row and use the 'ROUND' formula to that cell, but I want to not have the additional row. Can I add the 'ROUND'F4,2 to the IF formula to calculate in the same cell?

I've tried adding it at the front, and at the rear, but am always coming up with errors.

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017), Numbers version 5.1 (5683)

Posted on Jul 11, 2018 10:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2018 11:08 PM

Hi Tim,

ROUND takes two arguments, 'number-to-round' and 'digits'

ROUND(number-to-round,digits)

Replace 'number-to-round' with your formula. Replace 'digits' with the number on places you want following the decimal.

User uploaded file

The label above each cell shows the formula used in that cell. The formula editor (below the table) shows the formula used in E2.

Regards,

Barry

PS: When you type an = in a selected cell, the Formula Editor opens to accept entry of a formula.

In the right sidebar, the Function Browser also opens. Any function supported by Numbers is listed in the Browser, along with the syntax of that function, and at least one example showing how it may be used in a table.

You can insert the function (with hints) into the Formula Editor by double-clicking the function name in the list in the Function Browser.

B.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2018 11:08 PM in response to timmyboy33

Hi Tim,

ROUND takes two arguments, 'number-to-round' and 'digits'

ROUND(number-to-round,digits)

Replace 'number-to-round' with your formula. Replace 'digits' with the number on places you want following the decimal.

User uploaded file

The label above each cell shows the formula used in that cell. The formula editor (below the table) shows the formula used in E2.

Regards,

Barry

PS: When you type an = in a selected cell, the Formula Editor opens to accept entry of a formula.

In the right sidebar, the Function Browser also opens. Any function supported by Numbers is listed in the Browser, along with the syntax of that function, and at least one example showing how it may be used in a table.

You can insert the function (with hints) into the Formula Editor by double-clicking the function name in the list in the Function Browser.

B.

How to add ROUND to a formula

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.