Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to disable AirPlay/ Screen mirroring

I was wondering if there is any way to disable Screen mirroring/ AirPlay on your iPad and iPhone. I live in an apartment and have almost on many occasions started streaming to someone else’s Apple TV. I thought you could only use AirPlay/Screen mirroring of your on the same wifi appa I was wrong.

Posted on Jul 14, 2018 12:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2018 1:54 AM

When you AirPlay, you get to select an Apple TV by name. Give yours a good distinctive name to help select the one you intend to stream to. Settings﹥General﹥About﹥Name﹥

AirPlay settings on Apple TV allow ‘Everyone’ or ‘Anyone on the same network’ or ‘Require password’. Your roommate or neighbor can easily restrict you from accidentally streaming to their equipment. It is best to manage this on the Apple TV, rather than the iOS devices.

To answer your question: While there is no standard GUI setting, to restrict AirPlay on the iPhone and iPad, one could create a Configurator Profile, like is possible for deployment of devices for schools and enterprises. That seems overcomplicated for this situation, though.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2018 1:54 AM in response to Matthewapple604

When you AirPlay, you get to select an Apple TV by name. Give yours a good distinctive name to help select the one you intend to stream to. Settings﹥General﹥About﹥Name﹥

AirPlay settings on Apple TV allow ‘Everyone’ or ‘Anyone on the same network’ or ‘Require password’. Your roommate or neighbor can easily restrict you from accidentally streaming to their equipment. It is best to manage this on the Apple TV, rather than the iOS devices.

To answer your question: While there is no standard GUI setting, to restrict AirPlay on the iPhone and iPad, one could create a Configurator Profile, like is possible for deployment of devices for schools and enterprises. That seems overcomplicated for this situation, though.

Is there a way to disable AirPlay/ Screen mirroring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.