Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my pictures back?

so my phone was going slow so I had the bright idea to make sure everything is backed up, log out of my apple ID and log into a new one to see if that would help which it didn’t so I logged out of that one and into my original one with everything backed up, only to come back to 17 photos but if u look at my photo storage in settings, it remained the same, please help

Posted on Jul 14, 2018 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2018 7:52 AM

Have you allowed time for the photos to sync back from iCloud? By doing what you did, a full sync was initiated when you signed back in with your original ID. If you have Optimization selected for your photos, it will take a long time for the photos to sync back. Check the Photos app and at iCloud.com/Photos using a computer browser for a Recently Deleted album.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2018 7:52 AM in response to myranda1022

Have you allowed time for the photos to sync back from iCloud? By doing what you did, a full sync was initiated when you signed back in with your original ID. If you have Optimization selected for your photos, it will take a long time for the photos to sync back. Check the Photos app and at iCloud.com/Photos using a computer browser for a Recently Deleted album.

Jul 14, 2018 7:57 AM in response to myranda1022

How long it takes depends on how many photos you have. Have you checked Settings/Your Name/iCloud to make sure Photos syncing is switched on? Have you seen any sign of progress? Any indications of a sync taking place? I would plug the phone in and let it sync overnight to see if there is any progress.

If you don't get any progress, try Settings/Your Name/iCloud and slide off syncing. Wait a few minutes and then slide syncing on.

Last resort - have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

How do I get my pictures back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.