Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos visible on iPhone, not on PC

Hi,

I'm trying to download my photos from iPhone 6S to my PC. Some of them were visible in the Internal storage DCIM folder, however there are over 300 pics left, perfectly visible on the iPhone, yet the DCIM folder is empty. When I send particular photo via e-mail, it is fully avaialble, with the right resolution. How can I make all the remaining photos visible via Windows Explorer and download all of them? The are very valuable for me and I have spent a few days recently trying to retrieve them... I'm really desperate...

Thank you for your support!

Kasia

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 16, 2018 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2018 1:25 PM

iOS keeps photos in a database, of which the DCIM folder is only one place. If you don't try to out-think iOS, and use a photo import program such as the one built into Windows or Mac it should be able to find all of the photos. Probably the easiest way is to use iCloud photos - tap Settings, then your name, then iCloud, and turn on iCloud Photos. This will copy the photos to your iCloud storage (you may need to buy more, but it's only 99¢ a month for 50 GB) where they can be viewed by logging in to icloud.com, or the Mac Photos app, or the iCloud for Windows app.

Another option is to use a 3rd party photo management app such as Google Photos or upthere.com. Here's Apple's suggestions: Copying personal photos and videos from iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2018 1:25 PM in response to kasiafromwarszawa

iOS keeps photos in a database, of which the DCIM folder is only one place. If you don't try to out-think iOS, and use a photo import program such as the one built into Windows or Mac it should be able to find all of the photos. Probably the easiest way is to use iCloud photos - tap Settings, then your name, then iCloud, and turn on iCloud Photos. This will copy the photos to your iCloud storage (you may need to buy more, but it's only 99¢ a month for 50 GB) where they can be viewed by logging in to icloud.com, or the Mac Photos app, or the iCloud for Windows app.

Another option is to use a 3rd party photo management app such as Google Photos or upthere.com. Here's Apple's suggestions: Copying personal photos and videos from iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer

Jul 16, 2018 1:39 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thank you Lawrence - yet I want not only to view the photos on my PC, I want to download them and have copies saved. The fun thing is that yesterday and today I was able to have 25-50 photos in the DCIM folder after it being empty during many attempts. Each time I was able to copy (or rather cut) the photos from DCIM (they disappear from the phone) and save them on my PC. This is not happening every time I connect my iPhone to PC, more line on random basis and I'm kind of chasing the folder for the content... Completely not understandable...

Anyway - any suggestion how to copy the pics to the PC?

Thx:)

Kasia

Jul 16, 2018 1:42 PM in response to kasiafromwarszawa

Read over the link I provided. It describes how to copy photos from an iPhone to either a Mac or Windows using the computer's photo import app.

If you go the iCloud route you can simply download the photos from iCloud.com or copy them from the iCloud for Windows app.

You cannot get them from the DCIM folder, as I said and you discovered.

photos visible on iPhone, not on PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.