Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Poor display design

There are many studies confirming that low contrast on computer screens is difficult for many people to see and is particularly problematic for seniors. What on earth was Apple thinking with the 11.4 passcode screen and keyboard design? White letters on light gray background and light gray numbers on white background may be “cool looking’ to young designers, but somebody up the line should have caught that problem. That is a HUGE design flaw For a large population of users and one that smacks of an attitude by Apple of “we don’t care about you.”

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 17, 2018 12:00 PM

1 reply

Jul 17, 2018 12:16 PM in response to Glee25

I think this should be an option, maybe even the default, but it shouldn't be imposed on all users, because that would create new accessibility problems. I have visual processing issues, and flashing, certain animation, etc. can trigger my migraines. For me, reducing contrast can help avoid migraines.

You can try System Preferences > Display > "Increase Contrast."

If that's not enough, you can raise the issue with Apple's feedback, and you can look for apps which work better for you.

Poor display design

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.