Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Registering for Reduced Education Pricing

I am a high-school student looking to get the educational discount on a 2018 MacBook Pro. I could not find any other appropriate forum to post this question. I found my institution listed on Apple's database. It says I need to "Request Access." I filled out my location and what application I want, but there is a section I do not know how to complete. The section, "Access Role Information," is shown below in the screenshot:

User uploaded file

Thank you

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), I am not using a Macbook Pro yet

Posted on Jul 18, 2018 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2018 7:57 AM

That complex registration process is for Teachers, Administrators, and Trustees to get qualified to buy under Education Discount.

If you or your parents will be buying from a bricks-and-mortar Apple-owned store, you may still be able to get the discount in the US just by naming your School (if it is on the list) at the time of purchase. For College Students, they ask for proof of Enrollment, not just proof of Acceptance.

--------

The MacBook Pro is a portable, lightweight computer that runs on batteries. These computers are as reliable as they can be, considering the environment they are used in. The computer can be subjected to tremendous forces (many times the force of Gravity) just being moved around in a padded bag or backpack. Repairs, especially to the glass screen, are VERY expensive.

I urge you to put that savings back into buying the AppleCare PLUS maintenance agreement. if you choose NOT to buy that, then after the one-year warranty, you have decided to pay for ALL repairs yourself, at the full price of the repair, for years two and three.

Replacing a cracked screen (not covered under warranty) is more than US$600 without the AppleCare, only a US$99 co-pay WITH AppleCare.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2018 7:57 AM in response to philk3

That complex registration process is for Teachers, Administrators, and Trustees to get qualified to buy under Education Discount.

If you or your parents will be buying from a bricks-and-mortar Apple-owned store, you may still be able to get the discount in the US just by naming your School (if it is on the list) at the time of purchase. For College Students, they ask for proof of Enrollment, not just proof of Acceptance.

--------

The MacBook Pro is a portable, lightweight computer that runs on batteries. These computers are as reliable as they can be, considering the environment they are used in. The computer can be subjected to tremendous forces (many times the force of Gravity) just being moved around in a padded bag or backpack. Repairs, especially to the glass screen, are VERY expensive.

I urge you to put that savings back into buying the AppleCare PLUS maintenance agreement. if you choose NOT to buy that, then after the one-year warranty, you have decided to pay for ALL repairs yourself, at the full price of the repair, for years two and three.

Replacing a cracked screen (not covered under warranty) is more than US$600 without the AppleCare, only a US$99 co-pay WITH AppleCare.

Jul 18, 2018 7:43 AM in response to philk3

From Sales Policies - Education - Apple

Eligibility

Those eligible to purchase from the Apple Store for Education Individuals include faculty, staff, students and parents as follows:

K12 - Any employee of a public or private K-12 institution in the United States is eligible, including homeschool teachers. In addition, school board members who are currently serving as elected or appointed members are eligible. PTA or PTO executives currently serving as elected or appointed officers are eligible.

Higher Education - Faculty and staff of Higher Education institutions in the United States; and students attending, or accepted into a Higher Education institution in the United States are eligible to purchase. Purchases from the Apple Store for Education Individuals are not for institutional purchase or resale.

Higher Education Parents - Parents purchasing on behalf of their child, who is a student currently attending or accepted into a public or private Higher Education Institution in the United States, are eligible to purchase.

Registering for Reduced Education Pricing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.