Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I hear a sparking sound on my guitar recordings, sum times more sum times less . It’s not on the actual recording because it’s always different when I listen back to it. I got a lot of space on my HD so I don’t think it’s that . I am a beginner in l

I hear a sparking sound on my guitar recordings, sum times more sum times less . It’s not on the actual recording because it’s always different when I listen back to it. I got a lot of space on my HD so I don’t think it’s that .

I am a beginner in logic so it may be something simple but I appreciate the help

Posted on Jul 18, 2018 11:04 AM

2 replies

Aug 30, 2018 7:08 AM in response to Maggan91

'Space' on your hard drive is not as important as the 'speed' of your hard drive for recording audio. You should have a fast external hard drive to record to. Logic works better if it's running on one hard drive (the internal) and recording to a different hard drive (like a Firewire, Thunderbolt, USB-C or eSATA drive.) If Logic is struggling to play back a session you could hear intermittent audio artifacts.

There's also a bunch of preferences that could optimize Logic for your particular setup. You didn't really list what your setup is like so it's going to be hard to answer your question.

I hear a sparking sound on my guitar recordings, sum times more sum times less . It’s not on the actual recording because it’s always different when I listen back to it. I got a lot of space on my HD so I don’t think it’s that . I am a beginner in l

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.