Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New MacBook Pro (Dec 2017) Screen goes fuzzy/static & blank

User uploaded file

Since I got my brand new MacBook Pro in Dec 2017, the screen goes fuzzy with static and blank (like TV sets used to do back in the day) — it’s done this 3 times and it worries me that one day it’s going to completely die & it’s BRAND NEW. Has anyone else had this happen?? A static screen?

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Jul 18, 2018 1:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2018 1:59 PM

Make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. It is still in warranty. If you did not purchase it from Apple then you will need to look to the vendor for service.

3 replies

Jul 20, 2018 5:42 PM in response to Kittkkat

I've 2 of the similar model of those with USB-C ports only and both have the same issues of blank screen after 1 year! the first set was replaced twice and the second already once. You should check it in with Apple to avoid any distress later and let it served as a record of how frequent this is and basically a product defect borne from design.

New MacBook Pro (Dec 2017) Screen goes fuzzy/static & blank

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.