Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

creating offline albums in Photos for Mac

While trying to work on a current album project, I learnt that Photos will stop supporting their current Album projects as of 30th September 2018.

I have been creating annual photo albums (and other special projects) for many years with iPhotos and Photos and have found it wonderful to work with especially as I need an offline option. I have previously created my photo books while kids are in hospital having treatment, while overseas (no data plans), or when I have downtime at home (we have terrible and limited internet and data service where I live and no wifi options in the living area).

Each year the photo books created are kept to the standard size of previous Apple Mac albums and they fit well in the bookshelf together.

The new photo extension apps (Mimeo & Wix), while appearing to suit most of my creative needs are useless to me as it appears they only work while online.

What are my options going forward for an offline application to create photo albums?

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), null

Posted on Jul 20, 2018 11:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2018 2:13 AM

Do you mean you want to create photo books?

You could try to use Keynote to create a photo book. make a nice slideshow in Pages with large photos and titles and comments, then save the slideshow as a PDF file and have it printed at a local print shop.

And it is very unfortunate, that Mimeo still does not allow us to work on a project while offline. You could send feedback to the customer support with a feature request. help@mimeophotos.com

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2018 2:13 AM in response to NikeJay

Do you mean you want to create photo books?

You could try to use Keynote to create a photo book. make a nice slideshow in Pages with large photos and titles and comments, then save the slideshow as a PDF file and have it printed at a local print shop.

And it is very unfortunate, that Mimeo still does not allow us to work on a project while offline. You could send feedback to the customer support with a feature request. help@mimeophotos.com

Jul 26, 2018 12:22 PM in response to NikeJay

Hi NikeJay,

As Leonie mentioned, we're always looking for ways to improve the Mimeo Photos user experience.

Feature requests, like this one, are always welcome. Please reach out to us on our Support page or via email (help@mimeophotos.com) for any current or future needs.

Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

- Mimeo Photos Team

creating offline albums in Photos for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.