Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sonos blocked by firewall

I have a Mac Mini running OS x 10.13.6. I have never been able to access music stored on mac from sonos speakers unless i turn off the mac firewall.

My Sonos system ( 2 x booster (1 booster connected directly to router) 2 x Play 1, 1 play 5, sub woofer + play bar and 2 x play 1) cannot play music from my Mac Mini unless firewall turned off. All devices updated to latest operating systems and working OK since last update.

On Mac Mini the Sonos App cannot see sonos system, but I can access music on Mac Mini via iTunes, i.e. music is still there. Mac Mini can access internet so it is connected to router BT Hub 6A. BT Hub 6A firmware last updated 31-Jul-2017 and sonos system worked OK since then. Router access Control is also turned off, i.e. not blocking access to sonos system.

Sonos app has been added to firewall and set to Allow incoming connections and stealth mode is not turned on.

Any suggestions on how to reconfigure firewall?

iPad Mini Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 21, 2018 4:41 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jul 21, 2018 5:21 PM in response to stephen jfromcolchester

Hi,

System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Firewall. Click on the padlock (enter your admin password) -> button Firewall options...

See if the option "Block all incoming connections" is well unchecked.

See in the list if some items are toggled "red" ("Block incoming connections")

If one of these is identified as your device, turn it "green" ("Allow incoming connections")

If none of them is clearly identifiable, this begins to complicate a tad....😕 😕

Toggle them "green" all. Check if your device works (it should...). Toggle them back "red" one by one until your device stops to work, note the name on a paper (there could be several entries for the same device) (once you have ended the list and get the two/three names of your device' services, toggle all the others back to "red").

Regards.

Sonos blocked by firewall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.