Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Mirroring from iPhone constantly drops

Lately I've been having problems with Screen Mirroring from my iPhone 7 to my Apple TV 4. The [screen mirroring] connection constantly drops while watching videos on the TV that I'm streaming to my phone. This problem didn't exist previously, or was very infrequent. I realize it could be a variety of things ... does anyone know a good place to start in terms of troubleshooting? Thanks in advance.

Posted on Jul 21, 2018 6:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2018 8:14 PM

It would be based on the network, mirroring is very intensive and needs a stable network. If you are just viewing videos it would be better to use basic airplay, which just forwards the video instead of mirroring the full display.

In terms of troubleshooting

If on wifi try Apple TV on ethernet

To see a current status of the network get a report from istumbler or similar (on your computer). This will show signal strength, noise, nearby networks.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2018 8:14 PM in response to Scott F.

It would be based on the network, mirroring is very intensive and needs a stable network. If you are just viewing videos it would be better to use basic airplay, which just forwards the video instead of mirroring the full display.

In terms of troubleshooting

If on wifi try Apple TV on ethernet

To see a current status of the network get a report from istumbler or similar (on your computer). This will show signal strength, noise, nearby networks.

Screen Mirroring from iPhone constantly drops

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.