Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete obsolete versions of iPad and iPhone manuals from iBooks on iPad/iPhone ?

I have a growing collection of obsolete iPad and iPhone manuals in iBooks on my iPad and iphone. How to I permanently delete them? Not just the content but the thumbnail. Thx

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Jul 21, 2018 6:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2018 11:17 PM

You can delete downloaded copies via the Select button at the top of the bookshelf. If you don't want them to show in the cloud for redownloading you can hide them (you can't permanently delete any purchase, including free downloads) so that that they don't show : Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2018 11:17 PM in response to MimicLobster

You can delete downloaded copies via the Select button at the top of the bookshelf. If you don't want them to show in the cloud for redownloading you can hide them (you can't permanently delete any purchase, including free downloads) so that that they don't show : Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support

How do I delete obsolete versions of iPad and iPhone manuals from iBooks on iPad/iPhone ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.