Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Audio On Boot Camp with iMac Pro, Latest Software

My iMac Pro is not recognizing the internal speakers, nor the headphone jack with the latest updates to both Windows and Boot Camp support software. I'm not sure exactly when it stoped working, but Windows did update itself to Windows 10 Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.1) and I opted to update BootCamp to version 6.7. Windows has the correct drivers installed, but says that there is no speaker connected. In Windows settings, the sound panel is slow. Windows self-diagnostis are showing nothing.

I've already taken steps to repair the issue with no success; first, I reinstalled Windows Support Software from Mac OS' Boot Camp Assistant. Not only did this not work, but it permanently downgraded the software version of Boot Camp to 6.1. The Apple Software Update application on Windows did not want to download an updated version of Boot Camp (from what I could tell) because it had record of 6.7 already being installed; you can find logs in the preferences of Apple Software Update (not very well written). I then wiped Windows from the drive all together and did a fresh install. With Boot Camp 6.1 ready to install, I noticed that before and after installing, there weren't any speakers recognized.

Apple Care Support wasn't vary helpful and recommended I should wipe the drive completely, install Mac OS, and then Windows again. Thats kind of a nuclear option right now and I was wondering if anyone out there had any insight or similar problem. Thank you in advance.

iMac Pro (2017), macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Jul 22, 2018 4:34 PM

27 replies

Jul 24, 2018 11:02 AM in response to mrandyflores

i got a seem problem as yours,

and you are lucky i can advice do not nuclear your mac, it's not work at all.

today i have trying at least 3 time completely wipe the macos and reinstall windows via bootcamp.(i tried mac os 10.13 and 10.14beta).

it's still has one god **** speakers device unknown.both i tried win10 at version 1803 and 1709 without update.so it's not the problem of windows update.

and i also tried reinstall device driver manually, which zip from bootcamp 6.1, it's not working at all.

compare the very early time, the audio device work very well via windows 1709 which i'm not still install bootcamp.

i assume it's the problem of hardware or the version of bootcamp.though it's passed the hardware test.

i still struggle this freak night to try to fix it.**** it.

if you got something ,thanks to share.

Sep 9, 2018 2:28 AM in response to mrandyflores

I have seen that there is an issue regarding Mojave. I have the same problem and the consensus is that Mojave beta upgrades the firmware of your iMac Pro and the boot camp audio driver is not compatible.

I think we will need to cross our fingers that apple are aware of the issue and release an updated boot camp driver when Mojave is officially released.

Sep 30, 2018 12:07 PM in response to mrandyflores

Problem seems to be the "Apple media 8/7/2018 6.1.7000.0" sound driver update for the iMac Pro which was installed during a normal Windows software update recently.

Solution, at least for me: open the Apple audio device in the windows device manager, check the properties, and from there in the drivers section, simply uninstall the device including the driver. Then, still in the device manager, search for plug and play devices. This automatically installs the older 6.1.6900.0 driver from 6-dec-17 which works perfectly.

Nov 13, 2018 9:52 AM in response to mrandyflores

The above solutions don't work for me. I had the sound working, but did an update round (first to Mojave, then updated Windows to the most recent build as of now) which left me with crappy video and no audio under Windows. I then installed the most recent (tested) AMD driver from bootcampdrivers and that worked fine. But after tinkering around a LOT I still don't have sound through the internal speakers or through headphones that are plugged in to the jack. Bluetooth audio (UE Boom) does work.

I've tried different versions of the audio driver (the old backupped one, the most recent one from Bootcamp), none worked. Current one is the 10.0.17143.1 one from 11-04-2018. I do have the AMD High Definition Audio as a device available (actually, 6 times) but those all say "Not Connected" even though the driver is up-to-date. I can't find a way to activate / use that one.

So yeah, I'm at a loss. Using the crappy bluetooth speaker workaround now, but that is far from ideal. Any ideas anyone?

Nov 19, 2018 5:44 AM in response to Loner T

I see, that could interfere with things. Any ideas what I can do to fix it (other than using a bluetooth speaker)? I'm at a loss currently. I'd hate to have to do it, but if it IS an EFI update, would a clean Windows installation (ugh) do the trick? Under MacOS the Bootcamp app can't seem to access my Windows partition anymore...

Nov 19, 2018 12:53 PM in response to RalphJJ

RalphJJ wrote:

I see, that could interfere with things. Any ideas what I can do to fix it (other than using a bluetooth speaker)? I'm at a loss currently. I'd hate to have to do it, but if it IS an EFI update, would a clean Windows installation (ugh) do the trick?

It may. Macs with Apple T2 are problematic.

RalphJJ wrote:

Under MacOS the Bootcamp app can't seem to access my Windows partition anymore...

Do you have any third-party NTFS software? Do not install any, if you do not have any.

No Audio On Boot Camp with iMac Pro, Latest Software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.