Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i signed up with gmail instead of icloud

hi, so when i got my ipad i signed in using a gmail account and i’m wondering how or even if i could still access the photos taken on there from the icloud even if i signed up with a gmail account

Posted on Jul 22, 2018 11:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2018 10:48 AM

Hey, chelsea9876!

Are your photos stored on the Apple ID you signed in with, or are they stored in an iCloud account with a different Apple ID? If they are stored in iCloud with the Apple ID using a Gmail email address, then they can be restored by logging into iCloud on your device.

For more information regarding this topic, please refer to this Apple Support article: About iCloud Photo Library and My Photo Stream - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2018 10:48 AM in response to chelsea9876

Hey, chelsea9876!

Are your photos stored on the Apple ID you signed in with, or are they stored in an iCloud account with a different Apple ID? If they are stored in iCloud with the Apple ID using a Gmail email address, then they can be restored by logging into iCloud on your device.

For more information regarding this topic, please refer to this Apple Support article: About iCloud Photo Library and My Photo Stream - Apple Support

i signed up with gmail instead of icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.