Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to connect iPhone charger to USB 3.0 Port on laptop?

I have an iPhone 6S and my new Dell Laptop only has USB 3.0 Ports, my charger doesn't fit into the ports and I was wondering how I can solve this problem. I know I will need to buy an adapter, but I don't know which one or where to look. Thanks.

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Jul 24, 2018 11:55 AM

11 replies

Jul 25, 2018 9:55 AM in response to MarkM_

The Precision 3520, has 1 USB-C port, and 3 regular USB-A ports which the charging cable from the iPhone should fit in.

https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/dell-laptops-and-notebooks/precision-3520/s pd/precision-15-3520-laptop

The charging cable for the iPhone should look like this: User uploaded file

If your cable does not look like that, tell us what it actually looks like. Or better yet, post a picture.

Jul 25, 2018 9:59 AM in response to MarkM_

Make sure the white part inside the USB connector on the charging cable is facing down when inserting it into one of the ports of the computer, and firmly push it in.

It may not go all the way in however.

If it does not fit in at all, no matter how hard you push it in, there may be a problem with the ports on the DELL.

You may need to contact DELL support to figure out why that is happening.

Do other USB connectors fit in? Or does the shape of the ports not match up to the USB cables?

How to connect iPhone charger to USB 3.0 Port on laptop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.