Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Hardware Test Does Not Support This Machine?

I just tried running Apple Hardware Test from my MacBook installation CD for the first time. AHT tells me "Apple Hardware Test does not support this machine." I can't believe this is correct - it is afterall on the install CD for the Mac I'm trying to run it on. The only thing I can figure is that the firmware updates I've dutifully installed have confounded AHT. So OK I thought, I'll download the latest greatest from Apple's website. No go. Any suggestions?

TIA.

MacBook Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Feb 8, 2007 7:20 AM

4 replies

Feb 8, 2007 7:38 AM in response to JTV3

There is no Apple Hardware Test CD for Intel Macs. The diagnostics are on the OS X Installer DVD. Insert the OS X Installer Disc One and restart the computer. After the chime press and hold down the "D" key until the diagnostic screen appears.

You just use the installer disc that came with your particular model.

Why reward points?(Quoted from Discussions Terms of Use.)
The reward system helps to increase community participation. When a community member gives you (or another member) a reward for providing helpful advice or a solution to their question, your accumulated points will increase your status level within the community.
Members may reward you with 5 points if they deem that your reply is helpful and 10 points if you post a solution to their issue. Likewise, when you mark a reply as Helpful or Solved in your own created topic, you will be awarding the respondent with the same point values.

Apple Hardware Test Does Not Support This Machine?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.