Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My magic jack does not work with the Mac High Sierra software. Does anyone have a solution for this?

I am operating a MacBook Pro with High Sierra 10.13.6. It will not allow my MagicJack to connect through this operating system. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

MacBook Pro, High Sierra 10.13.6

Posted on Jul 25, 2018 11:58 AM

3 replies

Aug 12, 2018 4:10 PM in response to Legsexpress

I have the same issue. However I am using an iMac with xfinity wifi as my connection, so no hard wired internet.

The Magicjack was working until the last Apple update. It used to fail at every update and the solution was to shut the iMac down, pull out all the plugs, including power, let it sit a bit. Then fire it up again with nothing attached at the USB bus and do a parameter ram zap double dong at startup.

Then the Magicjack used to be seen, the splash screen came up and I was back in business.

Since this last update, I cannot get the dial window to connect to the internet. It says connect to the internet and double click here. Problem is, I am connected to the internet and double clicking does nothing.

Not sure if this is a MagicJack or Apple issue, but have to look for something else other than Magic Jack. Totally unreliable. Even the Microsoft corrupted Skype works better.

Stay tuned. Have a concierge session with MagicJack tomorrow. Maybe there is another firmware update they haven't told us about.

Sep 6, 2018 9:33 PM in response to Legsexpress

I just found a solution after MJ Concierge said it couldn't be done.

It is soooo simple you will fall off your chair.

I run MJ through mu iMac with no Modem. I use my Xfinity wifi hotspot and this should work for any Mac and any OS.

Make sure you have the latest software and firmware all done.

Put an ethernet cable from MJ to the Mac, or an ethernet hub.

Plug the MJ USB into a USB POWER SOURCE not the Mac.

Watch it fire up and start working again. I have tried for months using the USB port the old way as it worked before High Sierra. It kept saying it could not detect the internet blah blah. That's what made me think to use the ethernet port, because I share the Xfinity wifi hot spot through the Mac. ****** if it didn't work first go.

Have fun all!

My magic jack does not work with the Mac High Sierra software. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.