Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X lens crack

I’ve never dropped my iPhone X and it always was protective case, never overheated it or exposed it to extreme cold.

Today I wanted to clean my lens and discovered a crack. It looks like the crack started developing from the microphone hole.

I’ve read that several people faced with the same problem before. Can Apple replace camera lens cover under standart warranty?

User uploaded file

Posted on Jul 25, 2018 9:55 PM

7 replies

Jul 25, 2018 10:15 PM in response to bobo_ape

Hi!

Apple doesn't currently have a Replacement Program for the iPhone X cameras. You can check this link to see which ones are available: https://www.apple.com/support/exchange_repair/

If you wish to replace it now, it would be an out-of-pocket repair. You can learn more about getting it repaired here: https://support.apple.com/repair

Hope this helps,
Richard

Jul 25, 2018 10:15 PM in response to bobo_ape

It really depends, because if you say that the damage was not user related, and its still within 1 year from purchase date, then you may bring your iPhone to your local Apple Store for replacement under warranty.

But if its outside of the 1 year time frame then you can still bring it to your Apple Store for out of Warranty servicing : iPhone Service Pricing - Apple Support

Best bet here would be bring it to your Apple Store for them to diagnose what happened, and give options.

Hope this helps

Good Luck.

Jul 26, 2018 4:03 AM in response to Richard Fernandez

I understand that it’s very difficult to prove that it was not my fault. But still from my own experience of using iphones since iPhone 4 this is the first time when camera glass cover was broken. And it is definetly a manufacturer’s fault.

I’m not the first one to face this problem, but my only hope is that there will be more than 1000 glass damage reports so that Apple can accept this issue as a manufacturer defect. My main concern is that if I’ll have to wait for a few months the glass lens cover will degrade more and cracks will cover all the glass.

iPhone X lens crack

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.