Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Next continue of topic with iMessage error

iMessage doesn't store passwords

I continue here because previous was blocked. Ralph said that I should repair my keychain. Your solutions with ~/Library/Keychains showed that everything is correct

User uploaded file

also this If your Mac keeps asking for the login keychain password - Apple Support

I can't change login password. The field is grey.

I changed system password. Trying to set up account again. It's a shame that on default autodiscovery settings SSL won't work. It only uses TLS

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Posted on Jul 26, 2018 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2018 10:00 AM

This helped

After running a comparison with a working version (on Sierra 10.12.6) it looks like the solution (at least for me) is to change the Where value that gets generated on sign in from what gets populated when adding an account in High Sierra com.apple.account.jabber.password to Jabber

In order to make this change follow these steps:

1. Open Keychain Access
  2. Search for com.apple.account.jabber.password
  3. Double click it to open the attributes prompt
  4. In the Where field (fourth one down) you should see com.apple.account.jabber.password
  5. Replace all text in that field with Jabber
  6. Click Save Changes

After making this change the first launch of messages asked me to allow permission to access keychain. After doing so any subsequent open of messages works as expected.

+ for commercial accounts (G Suite) you need also ensure you set this one:

I get the same error. Here is my fix

Open Keychain Access
Search for com.apple.account.jabber.password
Double click it to open the attributes prompt
In the "Account" field iMessage feed automatically "xxx.xxx@gmail.com@talk.google.com"
Replace all text in that field with only "xxx.xxx@gmail.com"
Click Save Changes

Plus there is one tip.

When setting non-commercial account (simple gmail account) and Auto Discovery of the server is on it uses gmail.com as default one and TLS which will pop up a windows informing us that the login & password are sent insecure. TLS is by default on. You can avoid that changing server from gmail.com to talk.google.com there SSL on port 5223 works. macos - messages keeps asking for password for jabber account - Ask Different

Source: macos - messages keeps asking for password for jabber account - Ask Different

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2018 10:00 AM in response to es3t

This helped

After running a comparison with a working version (on Sierra 10.12.6) it looks like the solution (at least for me) is to change the Where value that gets generated on sign in from what gets populated when adding an account in High Sierra com.apple.account.jabber.password to Jabber

In order to make this change follow these steps:

1. Open Keychain Access
  2. Search for com.apple.account.jabber.password
  3. Double click it to open the attributes prompt
  4. In the Where field (fourth one down) you should see com.apple.account.jabber.password
  5. Replace all text in that field with Jabber
  6. Click Save Changes

After making this change the first launch of messages asked me to allow permission to access keychain. After doing so any subsequent open of messages works as expected.

+ for commercial accounts (G Suite) you need also ensure you set this one:

I get the same error. Here is my fix

Open Keychain Access
Search for com.apple.account.jabber.password
Double click it to open the attributes prompt
In the "Account" field iMessage feed automatically "xxx.xxx@gmail.com@talk.google.com"
Replace all text in that field with only "xxx.xxx@gmail.com"
Click Save Changes

Plus there is one tip.

When setting non-commercial account (simple gmail account) and Auto Discovery of the server is on it uses gmail.com as default one and TLS which will pop up a windows informing us that the login & password are sent insecure. TLS is by default on. You can avoid that changing server from gmail.com to talk.google.com there SSL on port 5223 works. macos - messages keeps asking for password for jabber account - Ask Different

Source: macos - messages keeps asking for password for jabber account - Ask Different

Next continue of topic with iMessage error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.