Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad loses pinch to zoom repeatedly

My MBP trackpad and the Magic Trackpad accessory on MacBook Pro (15 inch, 2017, Touchbar, TouchID) keeps dropping the functionality of "pinch to zoom" (Zoom in or out, Pinch with two fingers). If the checkbox is toggled, the function is regained but it only works for a day or two and then randomly stops working. The checkbox is still checked when the function is not working. The battery level for Magic Trackpad 2 is normal and both trackpads lose the function simultaneously as far as I can tell. The genius bar appointment did not help as at the time the zoom was working.

Things I have tried --

Restarting

Deleting the plist file: com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.trackpad.plist

Resetting the PRAM

Resetting the SMC

Any other ideas to try? Anyone experiencing this? Thanks!

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), Magic Trackpad 2

Posted on Jul 26, 2018 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2018 10:56 AM

Hmm.

Did you try resetting Bluetooth? hold the shift option keys and click the BT icon in the upper right menubar>

Debug> try the rest of all devices

Similar questions

1 reply

Trackpad loses pinch to zoom repeatedly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.