Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get my photos from iCloud back onto my phone or other devices

How do I get my photos out of my I cloud

Posted on Jul 26, 2018 6:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2018 6:51 PM

If you had iCloud Photo Library turned on in one or more devices, you can turn iCloud Photo Library on in other devices or a new device they will sync to it. See: iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

If you deleted photos from a device where iCloud Photo Library is turned on, they will be deleted from iCloud and from all other devices with iCloud Photo Library on. Deleted photos will remain in the Recently Deleted album on the devices and on iCloud for approximately 30 days.

If you didn't have iCloud Photo Library turned on but do have an iCloud backup, you can use the backup to restore an entire device (not just the photos) from iCloud or to set up a new iOS device. iCloud: Restore or set up iOS devices from iCloud

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2018 6:51 PM in response to Bigrob231

If you had iCloud Photo Library turned on in one or more devices, you can turn iCloud Photo Library on in other devices or a new device they will sync to it. See: iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

If you deleted photos from a device where iCloud Photo Library is turned on, they will be deleted from iCloud and from all other devices with iCloud Photo Library on. Deleted photos will remain in the Recently Deleted album on the devices and on iCloud for approximately 30 days.

If you didn't have iCloud Photo Library turned on but do have an iCloud backup, you can use the backup to restore an entire device (not just the photos) from iCloud or to set up a new iOS device. iCloud: Restore or set up iOS devices from iCloud

How can I get my photos from iCloud back onto my phone or other devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.