Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone know anything about Mac Tonic. It just launched itself, aparenty from nowhere on my MacBook Air?

Does anyone know anything about Mac Tonic. It just launched itself, apparenty from nowhere on my MacBook Air?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Jul 27, 2018 8:08 AM

9 replies

Jul 29, 2018 8:10 AM in response to stuartfromhastings

I'm having the same issue. It attached itself to an Adobe Shockwave upgrade (around July 11, 2018) and I've been battling it for weeks now. I've followed all the online suggestions, but it is embedded somewhere. Nothing shows up in applications or the library files outlined in these articles. About the time I think I've figured it out--the thing pops up again.

Jul 30, 2018 11:56 AM in response to stuartfromhastings

I've been fighting Mac Tonic and Advanced Mac Cleaner for months. Like you, the programs have buried themselves somewhere in my OS and I can't figure out where. DO NOT download additional software to try to remove other software. There are tons of websites that list different file extensions and folders that you can safely remove from your system manually. Just keep looking. Have a beer while you look.

Does anyone know anything about Mac Tonic. It just launched itself, aparenty from nowhere on my MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.