Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

To cancel genius bar reservation:

Begin by scrolling down to the bottom of the Apple homepage to find the Genius Bar option and click on it.

User uploaded file

Then scroll down to find either Software support or Hardware support, depending what you booked your reservation under, and click on one of the two.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Then scroll down to find "See your cases and Repairs" ( at Contact Apple Support ) and select.

User uploaded file

Enter your repair ID or Case ID with which you were provided when booking the reservation.

User uploaded file

This will take you to a summary of your reservation in which you can Reschedule, Cancel or Cancel for another solution. Select Cancel.

Posted on Jul 27, 2018 7:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2018 8:35 AM

It may depend on your country, but in the US, an option of set up a Genius Bar appointment is only offered with hardware issues. Here is the screenshot when I input "hardware problems:

User uploaded file

The option for an appointment is available.

Not so when I put in a software problem:

User uploaded file

And, here is the article from Apple where appointments are listed under hardware problems only:

https://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2018 8:35 AM in response to hannah12430

It may depend on your country, but in the US, an option of set up a Genius Bar appointment is only offered with hardware issues. Here is the screenshot when I input "hardware problems:

User uploaded file

The option for an appointment is available.

Not so when I put in a software problem:

User uploaded file

And, here is the article from Apple where appointments are listed under hardware problems only:

https://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

Jul 28, 2018 9:22 AM in response to hannah12430

Unfortunately, you routinely do NOT get a case or repair ID by using the online support triage process, so that method will not work in that case. You also can no longer make a Genius Bar reservation for any software issues - hardware only.

What does work is to simply follow the instructions in the email confirmation Apple sends you after you've made a reservation. You can easily reschedule or cancel from there.

Aug 5, 2018 5:45 AM in response to babowa

Thankyou great point, I hadn't realised the email. Only on my email, there was a case ID provided, so either way will work.

My scenario was relating to a Hardware issue, and I also found that it was just as possible to schedule a Software issue reservation at the Genius Bar, so I have no reason to believe somebody else would be unable to do so.

These steps work for people without the access to the reply email, I found it helpful to know there was an alternate route to the cancellation of reservations.

To cancel genius bar reservation:

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.