Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Wallet share pass option missing

I added tickets to my Apple wallet (season tickets that I have added and shared before) and the option to share the passes isn’t there, I just have the option to remove them.

Posted on Jul 28, 2018 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2018 8:59 PM

I think this probably relates to the "Ticketmaster Presence" service introduced in 2017. "What is that," you ask?

It's Ticketmaster's service that attempts to eliminate bar codes so that you can "tap" your ticket at the gate (like using Apple Pay or tapping a credit card).

I had issues described in this post many months ago. While on the phone on hold with Ticketmaster, I read the fine print on the back of the digital ticket and it said it was a "Ticketmaster Presence" ticket. I was on hold so long, I did a Web Search about Ticketmaster Presence. Then the amazing thing: the ticketmaster agent, tech support agent, and their manager all never heard of "Ticketmaster Presence." I had to tell these employees about their own service, for which they could offer no technical assistance, because nobody at Ticketmaster Canada had heard of it.

Fortunately, if you click "View Barcode" or Transfer the ticket to your wallet, my experience is that you can just take a screenshot, message your friend the barcode, and the code works fine. My recent experience is that a major sports stadium, which I will not name, occasionally tells people "Screenshots are not allowed" and gives them a hard time. I would suggest taking the largest screenshot possible so it looks like its in the wallet.

I get why they do this. They don't want scalpers sending multiple screenshots of the same ticket out scamming people. They also want to learn more about the identity of every customer. However by not working with Apple, Ticketmaster has created a needless mess. I hope Ticketmaster works with Apple to make this a better experience that returns to the days of easy transfers.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2018 8:59 PM in response to Pcbenson

I think this probably relates to the "Ticketmaster Presence" service introduced in 2017. "What is that," you ask?

It's Ticketmaster's service that attempts to eliminate bar codes so that you can "tap" your ticket at the gate (like using Apple Pay or tapping a credit card).

I had issues described in this post many months ago. While on the phone on hold with Ticketmaster, I read the fine print on the back of the digital ticket and it said it was a "Ticketmaster Presence" ticket. I was on hold so long, I did a Web Search about Ticketmaster Presence. Then the amazing thing: the ticketmaster agent, tech support agent, and their manager all never heard of "Ticketmaster Presence." I had to tell these employees about their own service, for which they could offer no technical assistance, because nobody at Ticketmaster Canada had heard of it.

Fortunately, if you click "View Barcode" or Transfer the ticket to your wallet, my experience is that you can just take a screenshot, message your friend the barcode, and the code works fine. My recent experience is that a major sports stadium, which I will not name, occasionally tells people "Screenshots are not allowed" and gives them a hard time. I would suggest taking the largest screenshot possible so it looks like its in the wallet.

I get why they do this. They don't want scalpers sending multiple screenshots of the same ticket out scamming people. They also want to learn more about the identity of every customer. However by not working with Apple, Ticketmaster has created a needless mess. I hope Ticketmaster works with Apple to make this a better experience that returns to the days of easy transfers.

Aug 3, 2018 6:23 PM in response to Pcbenson

This just began happening to me mid-July with Atlanta United Ticketmaster passes. One match in early July, as had been the case all this season and last, the option to share was there. Then in late July it was gone. Ticketmaster says it is an Apple issue and I couldn't find anything in searches of Apple's support site or here in communities that even mentions this until I found your post.

Sep 11, 2018 10:39 AM in response to qzm3

Yes, something is hosed. I recently loaded Braves tix from my Braves account directly iinto Wallet - as I have many games before - in prep to transfer to my friends and family . But I noticed last week that only the “remove pass” option shows up when tapping the i button . No longer do I see the “ share pass “ option. Did Apple remove this feature?

Oct 9, 2018 12:15 PM in response to streamfx

Same problem here with ticketmaster & apple. I transferred tickets to wallet and only option is "remove" which I will not do as the ticket master customer support guys said the tickets would not be back in the app (although i can click on vew barcode but am afraid it won't work anymore if I remove the tickets from wallet). Man! is it so hard to TEST YOUR PRODUCTS??? show your testing data...

So tired of those companies that keep blaming each other and in the end don't care about the user...

I'm due for IOS 12.0.1 update so I'll post if it fixes the problem...

Oct 25, 2018 8:49 PM in response to Maxtoid

Why make it more difficult? ... Because Ticketmaster wants information on who's going to an event with you. They're really happy to let you share your tickets from within their app if you fork over your friend's email address or phone number, just not from Wallet where they have no visibility. It's all about data collection and marketing.

Apple Wallet share pass option missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.