Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Move new Photos

hi everyone,

Kindly asking for an answer to this Question:

How to move new photos from my macbook to an already existing photo library in my external hard drive,

to be more specific: in the past, I had already move the photo library from my mac to my extrernal hard drive, after that i add new photos to the photo app in my mac, so i wonder how i can move these new photos to the already existing photo library in my extrernal hard drive ?

thanks in advance,

MacBook

Posted on Jul 30, 2018 3:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2018 3:55 AM

Photos has no direct tools to merge libraries in a lossless way; only iCloud Photo Library can do that. If you upload one library after the other to iiCloud Photo Library the libraries will merge in iCloud and download as a merged library to the last library you synced with iCloud. This will require to sign up for enough cloud storage to hold both libraries, see: Notes on Merging Photos Libraries

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2018 3:55 AM in response to villy_i

Photos has no direct tools to merge libraries in a lossless way; only iCloud Photo Library can do that. If you upload one library after the other to iiCloud Photo Library the libraries will merge in iCloud and download as a merged library to the last library you synced with iCloud. This will require to sign up for enough cloud storage to hold both libraries, see: Notes on Merging Photos Libraries

Move new Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.