Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to update location for Photos and get them updated also in libraries synced on iPhone and iPad ?

I've imported many photos from my camera into Photos.

All of these have been synced also into libraries of mine iPhone and iPad via-iCloud.

Now I've edited some of those photos in Photos app on my iMac, adding location info.

I can't understand why the synced photos on iPhone and iPad are not getting updated with location info as well...

Anyone knows this?

macOS High Sierra (10.13.5), My Home Computer

Posted on Jul 30, 2018 3:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2018 11:04 PM

How are you syncing with the iPad and iPhone via iCloud?

All of these have been synced also into libraries of mine iPhone and iPad via-iCloud.
  • If you are using iCloud Photo Library to keep the devices in sync, and add a new location in the Info panel of the photo, the updated location should sync across all devices.
  • But if you sync only with My Photo Stream or iCloud Photo Sharing, the photos you shared will not be updated in the streams. You have to share the adjusted photo again, because these albums are streaming the photos the way they have been when you add the photo the stream. They will not be updated across all devices, when you later edit them on one device.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2018 11:04 PM in response to mbinax

How are you syncing with the iPad and iPhone via iCloud?

• If you are using iCloud Photo Library to keep the devices in sync, and add a new location in the Info panel of the photo, the updated location should sync across all devices.
  • But if you sync only with My Photo Stream or iCloud Photo Sharing, the photos you shared will not be updated in the streams. You have to share the adjusted photo again, because these albums are streaming the photos the way they have been when you add the photo the stream. They will not be updated across all devices, when you later edit them on one device.

How to update location for Photos and get them updated also in libraries synced on iPhone and iPad ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.