Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Loss of Video Quality

I am transferring video files from my PC to my MacBook Pro (which is newer) but I am finding that the FCPX on my MacBook Pro cannot handle the quality of the videos that were originally assigned (1080p). When I try to edit the videos, the player only shows a black screen. The FCPX on PC will handle those videos just fine, but for my laptop I have to lower the quality down to 720p for it to display properly. This laptop is super new so I did not expect there to be any issues. Is there any way I can fix the video quality issues?

Thank you in advance.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, 4 TBT3)

Posted on Jul 30, 2018 4:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2018 10:42 AM

That video is 1280x720. It plays about two-thirds correctly and then goes black. In the QuickTime player the file plays till that point than freezes. The file isn't functional after that, and has to be closed. If the downloader is a direct download from Twitter then there is a problem with the original encoding.

The clip will make FCP beachball. You see the same problem in VLC. The encoring turns to garbage part way through.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2018 10:42 AM in response to Pmazanov

That video is 1280x720. It plays about two-thirds correctly and then goes black. In the QuickTime player the file plays till that point than freezes. The file isn't functional after that, and has to be closed. If the downloader is a direct download from Twitter then there is a problem with the original encoding.

The clip will make FCP beachball. You see the same problem in VLC. The encoring turns to garbage part way through.

Jul 31, 2018 10:16 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

If you check my twitter, Linkling (@flippachu) | Twitter

You can choose any of my clips, click the drop down arrow on the top right and select "copy link to tweet"

To download it I usually go to this website https://www.downloadtwittervideo.com/#GoogleBetweenAd, paste the tweet's link, and click "download MP4 HD"

I used this website for two weeks on my iMac and it worked fine in FCPX when I downloaded HD, but when using this website on my MacBook Pro I have to click "download MP4" (not HD) for it to be edited properly in FCPX.

Loss of Video Quality

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.