Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple id isn't unlocking my ipad

My Apple id isn't u locking my iPad keeps saying my id can't unlock this iPad any ideas

[Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information]

Posted on Jul 31, 2018 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2018 1:34 PM

Your image shows that the iPad is locked to a @me.com email address, you won't be able to unlock it with a gmail (or any other email) address - and you shouldn't post images that contain your email address, I've asked the hosts to remove it.

Have you tried : If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support ?

Or, and if you were the original purchaser of the iPad (i.e. it wasn’t bought used), you could try going to an Apple Store (make a Genius Bar appointment if you do) or try contacting iTunes Support online (http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww) and see if they can remove the iPad from the account - they are likely to want to see proof of ownership before they might help e.g. original receipt with the serial number on it

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2018 1:34 PM in response to evelynfromclare

Your image shows that the iPad is locked to a @me.com email address, you won't be able to unlock it with a gmail (or any other email) address - and you shouldn't post images that contain your email address, I've asked the hosts to remove it.

Have you tried : If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support ?

Or, and if you were the original purchaser of the iPad (i.e. it wasn’t bought used), you could try going to an Apple Store (make a Genius Bar appointment if you do) or try contacting iTunes Support online (http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww) and see if they can remove the iPad from the account - they are likely to want to see proof of ownership before they might help e.g. original receipt with the serial number on it

My Apple id isn't unlocking my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.