Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store will only let me use fingerprint scan to get an app and then it doesn’t recognise it! I want to use my digits code but am not given that option. Can you help me change this please?

App Store will only let me use fingerprint scanner (which it then doesn’t recognise). I want to use my 6 digit code but no longer seem to have that option. How can I get it to change back?

iPad Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 2, 2018 1:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2018 2:34 AM

What '6 digit code' ? If you mean the passcode to unlock the phone then you can't use that, you can only use your iTunes account's password. To turn off Touch ID for purchases go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode, enter the device's passcode, and turn 'iTunes & App Store' 'off'

2 replies

App Store will only let me use fingerprint scan to get an app and then it doesn’t recognise it! I want to use my digits code but am not given that option. Can you help me change this please?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.