Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessages that are delivered intermittently marked "not delivered" on Mac but not iPhone

when sending messages using iMessage on my Mac, I am intermittently seeing a red exclamation point that says "not delivered" but the messages are being delivered as reported by recipients and shown on my iPhone. This issue started in the last few days and I have not made any changes in the past few months.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Aug 2, 2018 10:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2018 11:05 AM

Sign out of Messages.app on your Mac and sign back in again

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202549

If that does not solve it. Sign out of iCloud all together, and back in again

>system Preferences>iCloud

iCloud - Official Apple Support

4 replies

Aug 8, 2018 11:10 AM in response to benpopdx

This has been happening to me for the last few months -- intermittent and not predictable. The recipients are getting the messages and I know this from their responses. They show as delivered on my iPhone but ! not delivered in red on my Mac.

iMessage is a mess and has been for about a year. I rely on it heavily and am continually frustrated that when one thing gets fixed something else breaks.

iMessages that are delivered intermittently marked "not delivered" on Mac but not iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.