Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do I add an app specific password for my iCloud email address?

Where do I add an app specific password in order to add my iCloud mail address as a mail account?

iPhone 7, iOS 11.4.1, Model MNAF2LLA

Posted on Aug 3, 2018 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2018 7:36 AM

The link you post from Apple doesn't jibe with reality, which is that when you click Edit in the Security section, there's nothing there that lets you add an app-specific password. 😐 So I can't add an app-specific password to link my icloud address to my stupid Outlook app. 😕

"In the Security section, click Generate Password below App-Specific Passwords." <— this isn't there.

User uploaded file

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2018 7:36 AM in response to LarryHN

The link you post from Apple doesn't jibe with reality, which is that when you click Edit in the Security section, there's nothing there that lets you add an app-specific password. 😐 So I can't add an app-specific password to link my icloud address to my stupid Outlook app. 😕

"In the Security section, click Generate Password below App-Specific Passwords." <— this isn't there.

User uploaded file

Where do I add an app specific password for my iCloud email address?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.