Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete photos from Apple TV

Here is my situation.

When I go to the ”photos” app on the Apple TV 4K, I then select “Albums” and then “All Photos”. From there I am seeing many photos that had I deleted from my iPhone several months up to a couple of years ago. Everything that I have seen in forums is that you can long press select the photo within the photos app and delete it that way from the device, but that doesn’t work. If I have deleted them from my iPhone and I can’t delete them from the Apple TV, where else can I go to delete the photos? It is almost like there is a different collection of photos I have taken on my iPhone on each device, saved photos and deleted ones.

Thanks

Posted on Aug 3, 2018 7:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2018 8:41 PM

Apple TV doesn't store media, it is simply accessing the cloud. You can go to the iCloud website to check your photo library, also check the recently deleted section. Any other device that is tied to your Apple ID would also have access.

1 reply

Delete photos from Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.