Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store wants a credit card before I download a free game I don’t want a credit card on file

App Store require credit card I m wanting free game crazy

Posted on Aug 3, 2018 10:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2018 2:20 AM

If you don't use these instructions when creating an account : Create an iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store account without a credit card or other payment method - Apple Support

you will be prompted to enter payment details before you can download anything on the account. After entering valid payment details you should be able to remove them : Change or remove your Apple ID payment information in the iTunes Store - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2018 2:20 AM in response to tonya282

If you don't use these instructions when creating an account : Create an iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store account without a credit card or other payment method - Apple Support

you will be prompted to enter payment details before you can download anything on the account. After entering valid payment details you should be able to remove them : Change or remove your Apple ID payment information in the iTunes Store - Apple Support

App Store wants a credit card before I download a free game I don’t want a credit card on file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.