Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Everytime i try to update my billing info even if my card info is correct it would show that its declined or the payment failure.

Payment failures

Posted on Aug 4, 2018 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2018 10:16 AM

If it's a debit card that might be why, not all seem to still be accepted by iTunes. Or if it's a prepaid card. Try a different card (preferably a credit card).

For a card to have a chance of being accepted it needs to be registered to the same name and address (including format and spacing etc) that you have on your iTunes account, and have been issued by a bank in the country where you are (and therefore the country which is on your iTunes account).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2018 10:16 AM in response to Riki_Wizzy

If it's a debit card that might be why, not all seem to still be accepted by iTunes. Or if it's a prepaid card. Try a different card (preferably a credit card).

For a card to have a chance of being accepted it needs to be registered to the same name and address (including format and spacing etc) that you have on your iTunes account, and have been issued by a bank in the country where you are (and therefore the country which is on your iTunes account).

Everytime i try to update my billing info even if my card info is correct it would show that its declined or the payment failure.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.