Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Libreria foto iCloud

salve io ho attivato la libreria foto iCloud e le foto occupano circa 3 giga dei 5 forniti gratuitamente, mi sono accorto però che andando su spazio libero iPhone che Le foto occupano La memoria anche li, dove è la convenienza come faccio a togliere tutte le foto e lasciarle solo su iCloud e toglierle dal cell come ho già detto le foto le carica correttamente su icloud funIona tutto bene! è normale che le foto occupino della memoria anche sul telefono anche se sono su iCloud?

Posted on Aug 5, 2018 4:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2018 10:57 AM

google translation

Ok, but so the convenience is not there because the photos I do are saved on the cloud only to see them on other devices not to occupy less memory on the phone in fact on the phone

Again Apple does not offer an off site storage service - what they offer is a syncing service that keeps multiple devices in sync -- other people like Drop Box do offer off site storage services but Apple does not - you can request new services here Product Feedback - Apple

LN

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2018 10:57 AM in response to pietrofromperugia

google translation

Ok, but so the convenience is not there because the photos I do are saved on the cloud only to see them on other devices not to occupy less memory on the phone in fact on the phone

Again Apple does not offer an off site storage service - what they offer is a syncing service that keeps multiple devices in sync -- other people like Drop Box do offer off site storage services but Apple does not - you can request new services here Product Feedback - Apple

LN

Aug 6, 2018 12:07 AM in response to pietrofromperugia

google translation

hi I have activated the iCloud photo library and the photos occupy about 3 gig of the 5 provided for free, but I realized that going on free space iPhone that the photos occupy the memory there, where is the convenience as I do to remove all the photos and leave them only on iCloud and remove them from the cell as I said the photos loads correctly on icloud funIona all right! it is normal that the photos occupy the memory even on the phone even if they are on iCloud?

iCloud (and iCloud Photo Library) are NOT off site storage services - they are syncing services to keep multiple devices with identical content - any change made on any device (or iCloud.com) - Addition, deletion or edit - is made on all devices - for devices with limited storage you can use optimized photos to reduce storage (but not totally eliminate it) on that device -- you need to increase your iCloud storage or you risk losing photos - iCloud storage plans and pricing - Apple Support - this may help but unless you purchase more storage your will lose things - Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

you can NOT remove the photos from any device without removing from all devices

LN

Libreria foto iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.