Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my mac computer off of mute

i put the computer on mute and came back & i dont know how to make it work

too many button that do things are confusing someone (me) that has never used a mac or iphone

IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME THAT WOULD BE GREAT & SURELY APPRECIATED

THANK YOU-

AMBERITTO2469

MacBook Pro with Retina display, UNMUTE

Posted on Aug 6, 2018 2:11 PM

1 reply

Aug 7, 2018 10:38 AM in response to amberitto2469

Hey, amberitto2469.

I see that you've muted the internal speakers of your MacBook Pro, but you're not finding how to unmute them, and I'm happy to help.

Change the behavior of function keys on your Mac -- The F10 key is generally the key to press, but if you've changed how your function keys respond, continue below.

Get help if the internal speakers on your Mac don't make sound

Check your sound settings

If you still can't hear sound from the internal speakers after updating your computer's software, check your sound settings.

First, disconnect any external audio devices from your computer. Also disconnect any cables from the USB, FireWire, or 3.5mm audio ports.

1. From the Apple () menu, choose System Preferences.
  2. Select Sound.
  3. Click the Output tab, then select Internal Speakers. If you don’t see Internal Speakers as an option in the Output window, contact Apple Support.
  4. If the volume slider is set low, move the slider to the right and test again.
  5. If the Mute checkbox is selected, deselect it and test again.
  6. If you still don’t hear any sound, contact Apple Support.

Take care, and enjoy your day!

my mac computer off of mute

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.