Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K FLAC 24 bit output?

I see the specification for the ATV 4K states support for FLAC. What is the maximum bit rate and bit depth the Apple TV 4K cam output? In the past 16/44 was the best you could get for audio. For FLAC and other Hi-res audio formats the need to output at greater bit depth and bit rates is essential.

I may consider buying a ATV 4K if Hi-res audio playback is a possibility.

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Posted on Aug 7, 2018 5:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2018 6:00 AM

Currently, FLAC (or any other supported audio format) will be decoded to PCM, 16-bit and 48 kHz (or re-encoded to Dolby Digital 5.1 if you choose that setting).

You may let your wishes regarding the future capabilities of this product be known at the feedback page.

I may consider buying …

We’re just other users, not sales people on commission, so your comment is no incentive.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2018 6:00 AM in response to xxMikeBxx

Currently, FLAC (or any other supported audio format) will be decoded to PCM, 16-bit and 48 kHz (or re-encoded to Dolby Digital 5.1 if you choose that setting).

You may let your wishes regarding the future capabilities of this product be known at the feedback page.

I may consider buying …

We’re just other users, not sales people on commission, so your comment is no incentive.

Apple TV 4K FLAC 24 bit output?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.