Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook with Thai keyboard

Hi,

I'd like to purchase a Macbook, with a Thai keyboard.

I am aware of this is handled with windows machines, but not with Mac products. Is it possible to buy a macbook that has both English and Thai characters on the keyboard and then switch the language when typing (this is the windows approach) or is there an altenrative method?

Does anyone have any experience of purchasing Apple products and changing the input language? The sales team in the UK tell me it is not possible to buy a Macbook with a Thai keyboard anywhere in Europe and can't advise whether or not it would be possible outside of Europe.

Thanks

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Aug 7, 2018 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2018 10:43 AM

Lynas555 wrote:

Is it possible to buy a macbook that has both English and Thai characters on the keyboard and then switch the language when typing

Yes, but I think such machines are only available in Thailand or perhaps nearby. The only way to find out is to consult the webpage of each country apple store. Apple stores do not ship outside their own country.

Changing the software keyboard layout is simple, you can type Thai and dozens of other languages regardless of the hardware keyboard you are using.

macOS Sierra: Use input sources to type in other languages

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2018 10:43 AM in response to Lynas555

Lynas555 wrote:

Is it possible to buy a macbook that has both English and Thai characters on the keyboard and then switch the language when typing

Yes, but I think such machines are only available in Thailand or perhaps nearby. The only way to find out is to consult the webpage of each country apple store. Apple stores do not ship outside their own country.

Changing the software keyboard layout is simple, you can type Thai and dozens of other languages regardless of the hardware keyboard you are using.

macOS Sierra: Use input sources to type in other languages

Macbook with Thai keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.