Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

From my Apple Id page, I see all the correct devices. How can I rename one?

I want to rename an Apple TV and two HomePods. I get how to rename iOS devices and MacBooks. What about other devices?

Posted on Aug 7, 2018 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2018 8:22 AM

Hey, bxsherman.

I see that you'd like to give a unique name to your HomePod and AppleTV. I'm happy to help.

Change settings for HomePod

Customize settings for a HomePod

You can customize settings for an individual HomePod, like its name, how you engage Siri, and the type of content it plays. Just open the Home app, press and hold HomePod in the Home or Rooms tab, and tap Details. From here, you can find the serial number of your HomePod and customize the following settings.
Change its name, room, and more
User uploaded file
Give HomePod a name, change the room where it is, and add it to Favorites to access it from Control Center and Home tab. If you have two HomePod speakers in the same room, you can also create a stereo pair.

Use Conference Room Display mode and related settings on your Apple TV

Change the name of your Apple TV

Give your Apple TV a name so you can easily identify it when you use AirPlay. Just go to Settings > General > About > and select Name to change it.

Take care, and enjoy your day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2018 8:22 AM in response to bxsherman

Hey, bxsherman.

I see that you'd like to give a unique name to your HomePod and AppleTV. I'm happy to help.

Change settings for HomePod

Customize settings for a HomePod

You can customize settings for an individual HomePod, like its name, how you engage Siri, and the type of content it plays. Just open the Home app, press and hold HomePod in the Home or Rooms tab, and tap Details. From here, you can find the serial number of your HomePod and customize the following settings.
Change its name, room, and more
User uploaded file
Give HomePod a name, change the room where it is, and add it to Favorites to access it from Control Center and Home tab. If you have two HomePod speakers in the same room, you can also create a stereo pair.

Use Conference Room Display mode and related settings on your Apple TV

Change the name of your Apple TV

Give your Apple TV a name so you can easily identify it when you use AirPlay. Just go to Settings > General > About > and select Name to change it.

Take care, and enjoy your day!

From my Apple Id page, I see all the correct devices. How can I rename one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.