Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On IOS 11.4.x Pages fails to open

Hi: on IOS 11.4.1 pages opens to show the type of pages doc you wish to create but pressing any option, e.g., a portrait template produced the error com.apple.DocumentManager error 1

It is essentially useless and none of my pages files can be accessed at this time.

Suggestions?

Phil

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, iOS 11.4.1, using Apple keyboard (mobile cover)

Posted on Aug 8, 2018 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2018 9:06 AM

I copied the suggestion below from this discussion.

Pages is not working on my iPad Pro

Try Settings > Pages > Document Storage and switch between iCloud and local storage.

It was suggested by turingtest2 who is a very knowledgeable member of the community.

3 replies

Aug 8, 2018 6:55 PM in response to Demo

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried that, switching storage to on my iPad. But sadly the same error message appears. (com.apple.DocumentManager error 1)

I may try to delete the app and reinstall it, but I’m concerned that the pages files that are associated with the currently installed app won’t be ’found’ by the newly installed version. Is that a realistic concern or not a worry?

Thanks for the suggestion.

Phil

Aug 9, 2018 1:26 AM in response to longpd

Documents in the cloud will be there when you reinstall, but anything that is stored locally on your device would be removed. You could try offloading the app and then reinstalling it first, e.g. Remove unused apps in iOS 11 without losing your data. Another approach would be to backup the device, restore as a new device, then restore the backup.

tt2

On IOS 11.4.x Pages fails to open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.