Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Doc Updating

Why should I use iCloud Drive instead of just updating Documents... on my iMAC? I do not see the use of the Drive.

iMac

Posted on Aug 9, 2018 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2018 1:01 PM

If you have no need to use iCloud Drive, then don't use it. I don't use it because I have no documents I want to sync.

If you decide to use it, you want to keep it open so when you update documents, the changes are synced to iCloud.

Documents stored in iCloud are stored on your Mac.

See if gail's user tip helps.

iCloud services

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2018 1:01 PM in response to jmsfmtex

If you have no need to use iCloud Drive, then don't use it. I don't use it because I have no documents I want to sync.

If you decide to use it, you want to keep it open so when you update documents, the changes are synced to iCloud.

Documents stored in iCloud are stored on your Mac.

See if gail's user tip helps.

iCloud services

Aug 9, 2018 10:40 AM in response to jmsfmtex

Sorry but I have a few other questions about the iCloud Drive. Should I keep it open all the time? I guess I just do not understand its function over my Desktop. I am assuming and hoping that all my docs are available on my iMAC and not just in the Cloud. I have read a lot but still need more understanding of this whole iCloud idea.

Doc Updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.