Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gmail issues after 11.4.1 update with iPhone 7 and iPad?

Starting yesterday I've been having issues synching Gmail emails on both my iPhone 7+ and my iPad. Both of them were recently updated with iOS 11.4.1. and I've gotten the 'Cannot get Mail...the mail server "imap.gmail.com" is not responding' error message and on both devices have 'Account Error'.

I've tried all the suggestions on this forum and others: hard restarts, turning on and off settings, etc., and finally removed one Gmail account completely off my iPhone. I now have been unable to add that account back onto the iPhone from the 'Add Account' in Settings. I enter in the email address and correct password, I briefly see the screen where one may choose which items (Notes, Calendar and such) to see and then it pops back to the 'Add Account' screen once again.

This cannot be an isolated incident and hoping someone can shed some light on how to solve. I've added the Gmail app as a work around but I much prefer to use the Apple mail interface.

Help!

Posted on Aug 9, 2018 12:42 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Aug 10, 2018 9:48 AM in response to SllimJen

Hey SllimJen,

I love using my native mail app on my iPhone to send and receive mail. I'd be happy to help out.

In this situation, I'd recommend trying to set up the mail account manually to be sure all information is correct from your account:

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Set up your email account manually

If you need to set up your email account manually, make sure that you know the email settings for your account. If you don’t know them, you can look them up or contact your email provider. Then follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords and tap Add Account. If you're using iOS 10.3.3 or earlier, go to Settings > Mail > Accounts and tap Add Account.
  2. Tap Other, then tap Add Mail Account.
  3. Enter your name, email address, password, and a description for your account.
  4. Tap Next. Mail will try to find the email settings and finish your account setup. If Mail finds your email settings, tap Done to complete your account setup.

Let me know how that goes.
Cheers!

Gmail issues after 11.4.1 update with iPhone 7 and iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.