Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant upgrade

i can't upgrade my current OS lion 10.7 to higher OS. try to download the el capitan or sierra but can't. it prompt me to download higher version. can someone please help me. my macbook is late 2011. i am not a tech guy. hence, can tell me step by step..

Posted on Aug 10, 2018 7:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2018 7:23 AM

If you’re trying to get the OS from Apple Support, use the Mac App Store instead.

If you’re trying to get the OS from the Mac App Store and are being told to update your payment information, you need to use a different computer or device.

If you’re trying to get the OS from the Mac App Store and are getting another message, post its complete text here.

(163258)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2018 7:23 AM in response to JunaidiAl

If you’re trying to get the OS from Apple Support, use the Mac App Store instead.

If you’re trying to get the OS from the Mac App Store and are being told to update your payment information, you need to use a different computer or device.

If you’re trying to get the OS from the Mac App Store and are getting another message, post its complete text here.

(163258)

Cant upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.