Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to check battery health on iPad Air 2

How do I check the battery health on my iPad Air 2? I know how to see the percentage of battery used by each application. The battery life has been rapidly declining with average use and even when locked and on stand-by. It is nearly 4 years old and used to last close to 2 days, now goes down to 20% before the end of one day and seems to go down twice as fast or more per hour than it should. I have applied all the battery saving tips (from lowering brightness to fetch mail manually, no background refresh on apps, no notifications, etc.) I'm on iOS 11.2.1 - didn't update to 11.4 .1 because of reviews here that indicate some had problems with battery life. Please let me know how to check the battery health myself before I spend time on the phone with support or waiting for a Genius at the Apple Store. Thanks!

Posted on Aug 11, 2018 1:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2018 4:04 PM

If you also have a Mac computer, get this utility:

https://www.coconut-flavour.com/coconutbattery/

It was originally designed to report battery statistics for Mac notebook computers but recent versions now can show the same information for an iOS device. Note the screenshot of it display iOS device info.

I've used it for years and it is safe.

If you don't have a Mac, I'm not sure where to send you. I've looked for a free-standing battery app in the iOS store that shows more than percentage and have not found one yet.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2018 4:04 PM in response to CPH

If you also have a Mac computer, get this utility:

https://www.coconut-flavour.com/coconutbattery/

It was originally designed to report battery statistics for Mac notebook computers but recent versions now can show the same information for an iOS device. Note the screenshot of it display iOS device info.

I've used it for years and it is safe.

If you don't have a Mac, I'm not sure where to send you. I've looked for a free-standing battery app in the iOS store that shows more than percentage and have not found one yet.

How to check battery health on iPad Air 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.