You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer iMessages from Mac to iPhone?

Got a new iPhone X and was in a hurry when i left the store and the backup didn’t sync over all my messages and apps. I got home to try and fix it and automatically backed up my phone without my messages and apps. Apps arent a big deal but is there anyway to move my messages from my Mac to my iPhone since they are all on my Mac currently?

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 11, 2018 8:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2018 8:22 PM

Hi Ian M C,

You should be able to store your iMessage's in iCloud, which will sync all your messages across all your Apple Devices. Open messages on your Mac. Click on the Banner "Messages" -> Preferences. Then, click on "Account" and under your Apple ID Click "Enable Messages in iCloud". This should sync your messages across all your Apple devices. This may take some time depending on how many messages you have.

Hope this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 12, 2018 8:22 PM in response to Ian M C

Hi Ian M C,

You should be able to store your iMessage's in iCloud, which will sync all your messages across all your Apple Devices. Open messages on your Mac. Click on the Banner "Messages" -> Preferences. Then, click on "Account" and under your Apple ID Click "Enable Messages in iCloud". This should sync your messages across all your Apple devices. This may take some time depending on how many messages you have.

Hope this helps!

How to transfer iMessages from Mac to iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.