Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I buy more storage for my MacBook Pro?

Can I buy more storage for my MacBook Pro or do I have to return it and buy one with more storage?

Posted on Aug 12, 2018 5:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2018 8:00 PM

The current Macbook Pros do not allow upgrading the storage nor the RAM.

If you are within 14 days of purchase, you can return it "No Questions Asked", and buy a different model. If you are in that window, do not delay.

If you are beyond the 2 weeks, then it will be up to the descression of the Apple Store manager, but chances are they will say no, but you will not know unless you ask.

If a return is not an option, then a different approach is to pay for additional iCloud storage and enable "Managed Storage" where macOS will move files to iCloud but keep a pointer to the iCloud storage and when you try to access a file that has been moved to iCloud, macOS will download it via the network.

<How to free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support>

<https://www.techradar.com/how-to/computing/how-to-manage-storage-in-macos-sierra -1329386>

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2018 8:00 PM in response to enriquetafromsan diego

The current Macbook Pros do not allow upgrading the storage nor the RAM.

If you are within 14 days of purchase, you can return it "No Questions Asked", and buy a different model. If you are in that window, do not delay.

If you are beyond the 2 weeks, then it will be up to the descression of the Apple Store manager, but chances are they will say no, but you will not know unless you ask.

If a return is not an option, then a different approach is to pay for additional iCloud storage and enable "Managed Storage" where macOS will move files to iCloud but keep a pointer to the iCloud storage and when you try to access a file that has been moved to iCloud, macOS will download it via the network.

<How to free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support>

<https://www.techradar.com/how-to/computing/how-to-manage-storage-in-macos-sierra -1329386>

Can I buy more storage for my MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.