Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iDVD Scene Icons

I am using iDVD, themes 7.0 "wedding". The selections at the bottom to go to the next page is a squiqqly. It's not self explanatory that they have to press on it to go to the next scene selections. When I change it to an arrow button, it goes away once unclicked. Is there a way to change it? Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Aug 14, 2018 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2018 10:38 AM

What system are you running? iDVD is becoming more and more incompatible with each system.

It appears that the feature to provide back arrows in submenus is no longer compatible with the current system, High Sierra. I didn't test it with Sierra.

It appears it's time to find a new video DVD authoring app. There are a number in the App Store, many with demo versions, to try. Sounds like you have a movie with chapter markers so you'll need to test to see if any of those apps accept chapter markers as well as iDVD did.

User uploaded file

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2018 10:38 AM in response to Rebecca Finegan

What system are you running? iDVD is becoming more and more incompatible with each system.

It appears that the feature to provide back arrows in submenus is no longer compatible with the current system, High Sierra. I didn't test it with Sierra.

It appears it's time to find a new video DVD authoring app. There are a number in the App Store, many with demo versions, to try. Sounds like you have a movie with chapter markers so you'll need to test to see if any of those apps accept chapter markers as well as iDVD did.

User uploaded file

Aug 15, 2018 1:46 PM in response to Old Toad

I have just used iDVD theme 7.0 Wedding, for a test project. If you import from iMovie with chapter markers, arrows will appear at the bottom of the screen to navigate left or right to the submenus but only if chapter markers are present. Navigation is achieved by pressing the left/right/up/down buttoned on a DVD player once you have written it to a DVD.

I have tested this using OS 10.8.5 ML and 10.13.5 HS.

I would seriously consider updating your OS to 10.8.5 ML in the first instance, then work on up to what your MacBook Pro will accept, check the MacBook Pro/OS compatibility chart, it is a good guide.

Be warned! As you update your OS you may lose functionality of some earlier favourite applications so check the applications/os comparability chart or check with others on the forums.

Note to all users of iDVD v 7.1.2 and iMovie 06 HD ( with a mod to the info.plist file). The best combination clearly is with OS 10.8.5 but both work perfectly with theme functionality in OS 10.13.5 High Sierra.

Just keep your Hard Drive clean and stay away from third party applications.

iDVD Scene Icons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.